Kingdom Hearts 3 director ‘reconsidering’ simultaneous worldwide releases after leak

January 24, 2019
Comments off
202 Views

Tetsuya Nomura, director of Square Enix’s long-running Kingdom Hearts series, has said that he’s ‘reconsidering’ simultaneous worldwide releases for future projects, following the Kingdom Hearts 3 leaks that occurred last year.

Footage of the game’s title screen, install screen, and more appeared online in December, after an individual began selling copies of Kingdom Hearts 3 via the Facebook Marketplace. Fan communities immediately placed a lock-down on the illicitly acquired footage, in order to avoid spoilers, and Nomura was prompted to release a statement reassuring players that the “biggest spoilers” weren’t currently available in the game.

Now, in an interview with Famitsu (translated by Siliconera), Nomura has shared his feelings on the leak – which, he said, ultimately amounted to four copies of the game from a single source. “The only thing that really disappointed me about everything,” he explained, “is that it brought sad thoughts to people who were looking forward to Kingdom Hearts 3.”

Read more…

Comments are closed.