Fans campaign for Borderlands 3 boycott after YouTuber says Take-Two sent investigators to his door

August 8, 2019
Comments off
157 Views

Two weeks without content, two private investigators, and Take-Two. This is the story told by Matt “SupMatto” Somers, a prominent Borderlands YouTuber, who earlier this week published a video claiming Take-Two (the company that owns Borderlands publisher 2K) sent investigators to his house over leaks he’d covered on his channel. Since the video’s publication, #BoycottBorderlands3 has been intermittently trending on Twitter, and Take-Two has now formally addressed the situation – although accounts of what happened seem to differ.

According to Somers, on the 25th July two private investigators sent by Take-Two “showed up to my home, trespassed on my private property and questioned me”. The topics discussed apparently included his coverage of SteamDB developments and the Rainbow item rarity found in the Fight for Sanctuary DLC. During the video, Somers also explained how he received information about a Twitch exploit, which allowed users to access unreleased gameplay footage and datamine new information.

“On April 29th the official Borderlands YouTube channel posted the reveal of the Twitch extension leading into the gameplay reveal… and the name of the testing accounts were exposed in that video,” Somers said. “This wasn’t found by me.”

Read more

Comments are closed.